Welcome to our quantum tutorials
Welcome to our quantum tutorials¶
In today’s world, the word “quantum” evokes similar dreams, hopes and reactions like the words “blockchain” or “artificial intelligence”. Enthusiasts focus exclusively on the disruptive potential. The greater public sees it mostly as a big hype which is impossible to understand for normal people. This hipster role is rather new to the quantum sector. It has largely evolved under the radar to the greater public for the last one hundred years. In our tutorials on quantum technologies we would like to provide our readers with material to parse the news, get started with their own algorithms or simply extend their horizon.
The content of the book¶
- Course summary for introduction to quantum hardware
- Tutorial 1 - The qubit or the two level system
- Tutorial 2 - Continuous variables or the quantum harmonic oscillator
- Tutorial 3 - A few words about quantum computing with trapped ions
- Tutorial 4 - A few words about quantum computing with superconducting qubits
- Tutorial 5 -Quantum simulation with cold atoms
A few words about sharing¶
We strongly believe in the value of sharing. Therefore all the content of this book is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. This means that you are encouraged to do whatever you would like with the text, but you have attribute its origin.